Acclimating SPS

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
2,925
Reaction score
179
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a nice shipment from what the heck, and had a question. I know sps can release nastyness when stressed. If I want to drip acclimate the 6 acros I got, do I have to keep them in separate containers, or can I combine the water from all 6 packages into one bowl?
 
i personally would just give them a bath in revive and temp aclimate...... i have never dripped any sps to be honest..... never lost any to aclimation either.... i know the majority of people just temp aclimate and go....
 
I'd actually recommend another step. I normally do a temp acclimate, then a 2hr bath in interceptor, and finally the revive bath. If any frags are questionable (mounted ones anyways), I will pull them from the plug and/or clip them and toss the plug.

The best solution would be a QT tank, but I don't have any room, so I feel like the processes I do are the next best thing. It definitely isn't ideal, but so far has worked well for me.
 
^^^^ agreed about quarantine.... Not so much the interceptor since revive will take care of any bugs.... Now the eggs are a different story and nothing kills them so were sol.....
 
^^^^ agreed about quarantine.... Not so much the interceptor since revive will take care of any bugs.... Now the eggs are a different story and nothing kills them so were sol.....

I will respectfully disagree with that - Revive does a great job of killing AEFW (not eggs), as well as other critters, but will not 100% effectively kill red bugs. It does phase them, though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new