Acclimation & Handling of Tridacna Clams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love these information videos, it really shows how much you guys care for these clams.

U

User1

View Badges
I'm not even sure what to say other than AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really. Not only is it what you said and how you delivered but it was how you just went about handling the livestock while doing it. There is obviously care and years of experience but the way you went about talking it wasn't a lecture it was genuine I guess is what I'm trying to say. I've always had a fear of handling clams but you pretty much put that to rest with a simple 8 minute coffee talk.

You are really doing the hobby a great service and it clearly shows that you enjoy what you are doing. That is a rare super power you have there. Thank you for taking the time. If you couldn't tell I really enjoyed it and it was educational to me.

Edit: Forgot to say if you happen to send anything with the shipment of clams say with acclimation notes or other information it may be a great idea to include a link/URL with your video. I think they might find it useful. Especially the bit about the acclimation window.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not even sure what to say other than AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really. Not only is it what you said and how you delivered but it was how you just went about handling the livestock while doing it. There is obviously care and years of experience but the way you went about talking it wasn't a lecture it was genuine I guess is what I'm trying to say. I've always had a fear of handling clams but you pretty much put that to rest with a simple 8 minute coffee talk.

You are really doing the hobby a great service and it clearly shows that you enjoy what you are doing. That is a rare super power you have there. Thank you for taking the time. If you couldn't tell I really enjoyed it and it was educational to me.

Edit: Forgot to say if you happen to send anything with the shipment of clams say with acclimation notes or other information it may be a great idea to include a link/URL with your video. I think they might find it useful. Especially the bit about the acclimation window.

Thanks, very much appreciate your comments!

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have never had luck with clams and i think this video answers my problem.
I keep Nitrates and phosphate absolute 0 with use of sulfur denitrator and lanthanum chloride.
Thank you for sharing an amazing and very informative video.

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the informative video and your other past threads here on R2R!

Any comments on prophylactically giving a new clam a freshwater dip upon receipt??

— unnecessary?
— best to wait a few days/weeks?
— only when PMD is suspected??

Respectfully,
Rick

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the informative video and your other past threads here on R2R!

Any comments on prophylactically giving a new clam a freshwater dip upon receipt??

— unnecessary?
— best to wait a few days/weeks?
— only when PMD is suspected??

Respectfully,
Rick

I really don't recommend doing freshwater dips. We did some research on them in Tahiti years ago and did not find them helpful. It's very stressful to the clam.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back