Acclimation moving from Kessil to Radion

araziza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I had my kessil A360x crap out on me. It’s the second time this has happened to me in 6 months, but this time Kessil support told me that it was out of my ‘original 1 year warranty’, so the best they can do is offer me a discount on a new one. As much as I love the look of the Kessil, I’m not willing to buy one again. I just don’t trust the light, and I feel like if Kessil has confidence in their high end light they would extend the warranty to the full duration from time of replacement. I’m definitely not going to replace a $600ish (Canadian) light every year.
Either way, my LFS sold a 3 month used XR15 blue g5 complete with mounting kit for a very attractive price, and given my current lack of light, I Jumped on it. My question is, what kind of acclimation should I do? Duration? Starting intensity? I want to minimize risk with my corals, I don’t want to melt or bleach all my softies/LPS, but I don’t want to starve my millepora frag. Let me know!
Edit: running over a reefer 200xl, so 24” x22.6” x21”

Last edited:

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I had my kessil A360x crap out on me. It’s the second time this has happened to me in 6 months, but this time Kessil support told me that it was out of my ‘original 1 year warranty’, so the best they can do is offer me a discount on a new one. As much as I love the look of the Kessil, I’m not willing to buy one again. I just don’t trust the light, and I feel like if Kessil has confidence in their high end light they would extend the warranty to the full duration from time of replacement. I’m definitely not going to replace a $600ish (Canadian) light every year.
Either way, my LFS sold a 3 month used XR15 blue g5 complete with mounting kit for a very attractive price, and given my current lack of light, I Jumped on it. My question is, what kind of acclimation should I do? Duration? Starting intensity? I want to minimize risk with my corals, I don’t want to melt or bleach all my softies/LPS, but I don’t want to starve my millepora frag. Let me know!
The xr15 blue is a strong light so start low.
I would run the ab+ schedule at 100/35% to start.
I started mine at 100/100 and it turned a few stags brown.
My system is only 13" deep.
There is an acclimation mode on Mobius but I have not used it.

OP
OP
A

araziza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The xr15 blue is a strong light so start low.
I would run the ab+ schedule at 100/35% to start.
I started mine at 100/100 and it turned a few stags brown.
My system is only 13" deep.
There is an acclimation mode on Mobius but I have not used it.
So first of all, how long did you take to ramp up? Should I use the full 30 day acclimation? And when you say 100/35 which parameters/channels are you referring to? Is it 100blues and 35 whites/others?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first of all, how long did you take to ramp up? Should I use the full 30 day acclimation? And when you say 100/35 which parameters/channels are you referring to? Is it 100blues and 35 whites/others?
The ab+ schedule is 100% all chanels and 100% peak/schedule.
This is max par and pretty strong.
I would start at 100/35.
You can then increase to 40-100% over a few weeks. I do not use the acclimation mode.
The 35% starting point is the schedule at the bottom of the screen when you edit.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back