Status
Not open for further replies.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you believe you have been defrauded, I would also suggest contacting the authorities. I've been a recent victim of fraud and identity theft, involving Paypal. In order for Paypal to credit me with the many thousands of dollars in transactions that took place, fraudulently, Paypal required me to contact the authorities and to provide Paypal with publicly accessable police report numbers. I was a few steps ahead of Paypal though and had contacted the authorities already and had the report numbers already available, for Paypal.

I guess what I'm saying is this...

IF the OP is really a victim of fraud here, AND if Paypal is working with the OP as he states, then he's already provided Paypal with a PUBLICLY accessable police report number AND the OP should be able to provide anyone else with that police report number, to verify his claims, since it's public record.

I'm closing this thread now. IF the OP still has the ability to PM a staff member, when the OP reads this, the OP is welcome to PM one of us, with an explanation.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm reopening this thread, for the sole purpose of the OP posting an explanation in it and giving him one chance to communicate the situation to those who've been wronged. Given the circumstances, I feel the need to remind everyone that R2R members are expected to post, in a respectful manner, regardless of the situation...

OP
OP
O

onlyonelikeme

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here it goes i realize what i did was wrong and i admit it im not asking forgiveness for what i have done nor do i expect it i just want to say i am sorry that i ripped you good reef community people off. I need the money to pay for bills that were stacking up on me and i paniced and decided to take from you all seeing how it was easy at the time and i didnt think before i acted i was scammed once before by a guy and he got away so like a fool i thought i could as well. Again i really am sorry. I just got off the phone with paypal and they are issuing refunds tonight so anyone that i ripped off plz check your paypal and emails for a notification and email from paypal about your refund. This was the hardest thing for me to do is to confess to what i did i understand if you want to ban me for life i deserve it once you all have your money etc i wont be back on this site unless you all want me to again i am deeply sorry for what i have done

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've decided to reopen this thread, again, for those who have been victimized to comment, respectfully. We must insist on civility, regardless the circumstances. We would also like each of you to contact staff, through this thread or via PM to confirm that you've received a refund. This thread will be closed, once and for all, in the near future, and possibly even sooner, at the discretion of staff members. We typically hate to ban members and don't advertise it when it does happen. In this situation, I'm going to make an exception. The op already knows that this must end in his removal from R2R, for the good of our community. He had requested time to verify that all refunds have been made. Whether he's given that time is still being discussed.

This person has to realize that he has put a huge strain on individual members and on the Reef2Reef community as a whole. Circumstances like this do happen, though rarely. Unfortunately, when they happen, trust is damaged among many more than just the actual victims. I would pray that all R2R members would understand that this "event" is way outside the norm and not allow this to have a vast and negative effect on your experience, here on R2R.

Last edited:

ajskennes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
only comment i have is MAKE SURE YOU PAY THRU PAYPAL, Yes i was one of the vics in this case and paypal came thru, also make sure you have them send you a money request for goods, or send payment for goods paypal holds these payments until the item has been confirmed delivered

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I sincerely hope everyone does receive a refund as promised. I'm fairly impressed the op came clean. That had to be incredibly hard but the right thing to do. hopefully that will give enough karma for the bills to get settled.

Unfortunately as hard as it is the op should be banned for life as a seller/sponsor.

OP
OP
O

onlyonelikeme

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just confirmed with paypal all money has been refunded if there is anyone left with out a refund contact me you know how via email/paypal and i will get it returned this is my goodbye and again i am very sorry for my actions i wish you all the best in your reefing hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back