Achilles Tang Care. Help!!!

Bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, i've been seeing this Achilles tang on one LFS for about a month now with no signs of ich and was eating and very healthy. finally i decided to buy it, acclimate it and introduce in to my tank. he was swimming perfectly in my 300 gal tank with other Tangs. PT, desjardini, scopas, yellow, convict and Gem Tang. No aggression have seen for the past days. but the problem is the appetite of my Achilles is not Good. in the shop when i got him he is eating like a King. but now in my Tank he just pick in live rocks and not entice at all with mysis, pellets, nori and prepared gel food. he would chase some but will not eat. any advise is highly appreciated.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give him some time to settle in. I notice this when I add new fish at times. Just keep food available for him.

A13X

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you've tried feeding him what he was used to at LFS?
When I got mine, I bought a small version of what he was eating there and fed him that until he would eat just about anything.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to see my new fish eating well within 5 days. 7 is pushing it. 10 is concern :)

OP
OP
Bingo

Bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you've tried feeding him what he was used to at LFS?
When I got mine, I bought a small version of what he was eating there and fed him that until he would eat just about anything.
he was getting mysis shrimps in the shop and u know any LFS will have a small size bare Tank for atleast 5 fishes on different speices. so im wondering maybe he is still adjusting with the big tank. he swims across the Tank with no signs of ich and weakness. but i noticed his belly become thin now compare to the shop.

Jim C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May not be what you want to hear, but this is one fish where quarantining everything is an absolute must.

OP
OP
Bingo

Bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May not be what you want to hear, but this is one fish where quarantining everything is an absolute must.
yeah it was Qt already in the LFS. and hands on owner is taking care of it. so i saw it since last month so i think its enough for QT period.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of all the LFS I've frequented in my long reefing career, nearly one was able to do a proper QT (old Monty Python joke)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 150 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back