Achilles Tang

Psylacus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOOOO,

I have had my tank in QT now for over 77 days. I have 4 tanks set up for QT.

1 Tank - Coppered/Prazi/Furan'd/ Kano/Metro fed. - Poor dudes have been through it all like champs. (Had Ich)
2 Tank - Coppered/Prazi/ Kano/Metro fed the gammut but ready (4 weeks in copper) (Had Ich)
3 Tank - Anthias all by his lonesome - had Uroema from Liveaquaria (scary ****) healed up with LOTS of Furan 2 - finally looks health will more than likely be formulin'd before put in just in case.
- Been through Prazi/Furan/ Kano/Metro fed.
4 Tank - Has been Prazi/Furan 2/ Kano/Metro fed But NEVER coppered. However - no one has shown signs of Ich and I have an Achilles and a Chocolate Tang in it.

Tank 4
At this point if there is Ich in tank 4 the Achilles/Choco would have had to have shown it after 45 days+ right? Should I copper just to be sure?

Tank 3
To Formulin or not to formulin the poor dude - he is all healed up pretty much now and eating but Uroema is some scary ****.

OP
OP
Psylacus

Psylacus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and tank 4 has been a stress fest for them going through it all in a 50. So its not like its been a paradise for them or anything :p

OP
OP
Psylacus

Psylacus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always post so late at night so here is a fresh bump so it's not buried. Thanks again for everyone helping keep me focused during they fallow period.

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 45 days you would expect ich to show itself but something you have going against you is that you haven’t allowed a period of just observation. Certain meds will suppress parasites and once the fish is in clean water the parasite will surface. So if you can give the Achilles 2 weeks non-medicated you can probably be pretty sure you’re ich-free.

I would give the anthias a formalin bath before adding it. I’d also observe it for 2 weeks at least.

OP
OP
Psylacus

Psylacus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 45 days you would expect ich to show itself but something you have going against you is that you haven’t allowed a period of just observation. Certain meds will suppress parasites and once the fish is in clean water the parasite will surface. So if you can give the Achilles 2 weeks non-medicated you can probably be pretty sure you’re ich-free.

I would give the anthias a formalin bath before adding it. I’d also observe it for 2 weeks at least.
Thanks a bunch. Ya they have been in water without anything in it for about a week now. Good point. Ya Anthias will get a formalin bath as a just in case before he goes back in. I feel like I owe it to her because she has been through hell and back and made it through. Anyone else want to weigh in? Should I copper them anyway?

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%

Back