Acid Wash Nem

  • Thread starter Thread starter wba19
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wba19

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2024
Messages
71
Reaction score
11
Location
Gilbert
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

LFS is having a sale on acid wash nems. Was wondering if it’s worth getting one? I know they’re aggressive towards other corals. Anything else I should consider or be aware of?
 
acid wash I am assuming you mean BTA's? In a small tank just remember you can't control where they go, no matter where you place them, so be ready to move corals in its path. In a bigger tank it's less of an issue. In mine, for example, they are in the top middle column with at least one big reef rock between them and corals, and all of them are significantly lower in the tank where the BTA's wouldn't likely want to go anyways because of the lower PAR. They like HIGH PAR and mostly get their energy from photosynthesis, but you should target feed 1x/week generally with some mysis or shrimp unless it is hosting a clown, in which case the clown will usually feed it. Enjoy!
 
acid wash I am assuming you mean BTA's? In a small tank just remember you can't control where they go, no matter where you place them, so be ready to move corals in its path. In a bigger tank it's less of an issue. In mine, for example, they are in the top middle column with at least one big reef rock between them and corals, and all of them are significantly lower in the tank where the BTA's wouldn't likely want to go anyways because of the lower PAR. They like HIGH PAR and mostly get their energy from photosynthesis, but you should target feed 1x/week generally with some mysis or shrimp unless it is hosting a clown, in which case the clown will usually feed it. Enjoy!
I know that you can’t really control where they go. I was going to start with putting it on the cup coral (yellow circle). But should I be prepared for it to move to the red circle?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1215.jpeg
    IMG_1215.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 20

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new