Acknowledge Alerts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've set several thresholds to alarm and make the P4 BEEEEEEEP when stuff gets sideways. Is there a way to acknowledge the alarm and make the beep stop before correcting the issue?

I want the controller to beep like hell to get my attention, but I'd also like to make it stop once I start working on the problem.

Thanks,
B-Dare

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the only way to do that is to turn the audible alarm off in the general settings. You then need to remember to turn it back on once the issue is clear.

I have a Touch and have it alarm vice the P4 itself. It has a button to silence the alarm. Been a time or two when I forgot to turn it back on. Still had the email notification though.

Definitely some improvement they can make there.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The purpose of the audible alarm is to get you to spring into action asap. We wouldn't want you to turn it OFF prematurely, then walk away and forget about it because it does happen sometimes. The on-going sound is a constant reminder to address the issue before you walk away.

As mentioned above, you can temporarily disable the audible sound. Just don't forget to turn it back ON after you're done.

OP
OP
bdare

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The purpose of the audible alarm is to get you to spring into action asap. We wouldn't want you to turn it OFF prematurely, then walk away and forget about it because it does happen sometimes. The on-going sound is a constant reminder to address the issue before you walk away.

As mentioned above, you can temporarily disable the audible sound. Just don't forget to turn it back ON after you're done.
Why and when would someone disable the alarm and then walk away prematurely? Would be really nice if there was a way to acknowledge the alert. Then have it pause for some period of time before triggering another. I work for a cloud hosting organization. Our server alerts operate much in the same fashion.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An alarm acknowledged feature would be nice. Acknowledged the alarm and the audible is silenced for that specific alarm. When the alarm clears the audible for that specific alarm is re-enabled. That way if it comes back in you get the audible again, but when the alarm is persistent it's silenced. If a different alarm comes in the audible alarm goes off until its acknowledged.

Another nice feature to have with the alarm would be hysteresis on the setting.

For example the way it currently works, assume you have high temperature set at 80.0F. Alarm comes in at 80.0F, but if it drops to 79.9F it clears. This creates an issue that the alarm bounces in and out until the temperature is a hard 80.0F. This can go on for some time. With a hysteresis you could set it to not clear until it drops to 0.2F or so below setting.

An alarm log would be nice as well.

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please add a way to acknowledge these in the app! I work in IT and at my last company that used an app for alerts, I could acknowledge the alert and have it remind me in 15/30/60 minute or acknowledge permanently.

Tonight, I was at the hardware store when my temp alarm when off due to the weather being warmer than expected and the house being open (HVAC turned off). My wife ended up having to leave the house until I could get home and figure out how to silence it. :eek: Thankfully, she still loves me. :D

OP
OP
bdare

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please add a way to acknowledge these in the app! I work in IT and at my last company that used an app for alerts, I could acknowledge the alert and have it remind me in 15/30/60 minute or acknowledge permanently.

Tonight, I was at the hardware store when my temp alarm when off due to the weather being warmer than expected and the house being open (HVAC turned off). My wife ended up having to leave the house until I could get home and figure out how to silence it. :eek: Thankfully, she still loves me. :D
%100 - I'm also in IT and this is a huge gap. It's called ITIL

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back