Acoel flatworm solutions?

Captain45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got quite a bit of acoel flatworms. They have been mostly on the glass but their numbers are starting to get to annoying proportions. I started noticing them on a brand new white frag plug that I put on a new birdsnest and other parts of my tank. I feel like they are attracted to light/white surfaces as I only really see them on light colored surfaces.

Anyways, they arent on my corals (as far as I can see) and I heard their population may balance out in time but I want to get their numbers down without spending my life siphoning or using FE. Are there any wrasse that eat these jerks that can actually live in a 20g tank with a shy firefish and shy clown goby?

20221115_142901.jpg

20230112_175222.jpg

OP
OP
C

Captain45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the Blue Star Leopard Wrasse's. They look stunning and apparently peaceful? Think I could get away with a smaller one in a 20g for a little while? I'm not totally familar with Wrasse's and what their true space requirements are

eraser2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The six line is territorial wrasse, but will eat that flatworm, but I prefer blue or normal leopard, if you have sand that will good for that type of wrasse

OP
OP
C

Captain45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The six line is territorial wrasse, but will eat that flatworm, but I prefer blue or normal leopard, if you have sand that will good for that type of wrasse

Ive heard the Leopard's can stress fairly easy without good hiding spots and deep sand, think my 20g would be large enough for this type of fish?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back