Acro Beginner

wakejumper22

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
202
Reaction score
192
Location
Wauconda, Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all,

I have been in the hobby for about 15 years now. I have tried a few acros over the years. I mostly ever kept LPS, euphilia etc. I’m at the point now where I want to dial it in and really give acros a better shot. My tank is a year old now, coralline growing steadily and my numbers have been pretty stable for a while now..

Salinity 1.026
Temp 77-79.. usually around 78
PH 8.1-8.3
Alk 8.5
Calcium 420
Mag 1400
Nitrates 10-20
Phosphates .03

Kessil ap9x putting out 250-350 Par
2 mp40’s on reefcrest

Good cleanup crew, Par Meter, Trident and NP

I Have some tank raised acro frags on the way and just really want to see some success. I’m really looking for some tips to not kill these things right away… I feel like everything is where it should be. Really trying to keep everything stable with little swings.. I feel like I have tried in the past but for some reason can never get the success I see others getting.
 
Solid move getting tank grown frags and not maricultured.
 
Solid move getting tank grown frags and not maricultured.
Thanks yeah, I got them from a reputable reefer in my area who said they’re from colonies that he’s grown in his tank for years.. he thinks they can handle some swings a little better than most. We’ll see.. I plan on sending a ICP in shortly just to double check everything but in the meantime hoping I can get these frags goin..
 
Thanks yeah, I got them from a reputable reefer in my area who said they’re from colonies that he’s grown in his tank for years.. he thinks they can handle some swings a little better than most. We’ll see.. I plan on sending a ICP in shortly just to double check everything but in the meantime hoping I can get these frags goin..
I've made the maricultured mistake and thought my tank sucked.... Wrong. I chased all the things for no reason. Just needed some good established pieces.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new