Acro crab or gorilla crab?

Camaro Show Corals

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Messages
8,782
Reaction score
6,620
Location
Wheeling, WV
Rating - 73.7%
13   5   1
I found this crab on one of my sbb tenuis yesterday, I removed him and put in a cup of water but if he’s a acro crab I was going to re introduce him. I can tell he’s not a trapezia but maybe a cymo? He’s dark brown and with hairy legs and bluish white eyes. At this point I’m thinking gorilla.
9DB1C46A-6E00-4738-AF55-B27B81A8DE93.jpeg
04C7B0EC-6C41-4722-901B-AB6C0056F5AC.jpeg
 
I agree on it being a Gorilla crab. I had to snatch one out of my tank a month or so ago. It had round black tipped claws.
 
Xanthid crab which is gorilla crab family=- No good
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new