Acro dead?

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2,005
Reaction score
2,546
Location
Fond Du Lac, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an acro that went through a tank disaster and I thought was dead but lately it’s been changing colors and is now a ugly brown. Wondering if it might be recovering? It doesn’t smell rotten like it’s dead.
 
I have seen corals come back from the dead after a long time so I'm always hesitant to throw out the skeletons. But are you sure it isn't algae?
 
I picked it up and rubbed it and nothing came off like it was algae attached to it. Guess I’ll keep it in the tank and see if it continues to color back up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new