Acro ID please

eyesolator

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
30
Location
Toledo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure where I got this acro or when, the one on the right? More than likely I got it some years ago when 0 NO3 and PO4 was the thing to do. Which did a great job of making all of my sticks brown. Even when I got it I don't recall this color. It was just another brown coral I had. For the last year or so it has been doing very well and is a fast grower. It's getting about 400 PAR but does just as well in lower PAR.
So what did I change? Started dosing Kalk, Redsea AB+, went back to Reef Crystals and added more fish.
Thanks,
John
1.jpg
 
The one on the right looks like an old school “tricolor granulosa”, which is likely a weird tortuosa/austera type and definitely not a granulosa. They tolerate low light remarkably well and grow in a weird twisted pattern.
 
Possible pink cadillac or purple nana
 
The one on the right looks like an old school “tricolor granulosa”, which is likely a weird tortuosa/austera type and definitely not a granulosa. They tolerate low light remarkably well and grow in a weird twisted pattern.

I agree with this, and in va I used to get so tired of guys calling them granulosa. I have always figured it is just an odd austera that grows very thin. Possibly it’s been in captivity for a long time.
 
Thanks for the help guys.
Here it is in about 200 PAR
Also the growth is more horizontal than vertical.

2.jpg
 
Yeah, that’s a “tricolor granulosa”. Really not sure of the species but it’s a very cool coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new