Acro ID. Slimer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nereefpat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
8,185
Reaction score
7,734
Location
Central Nebraska
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green slimer, right? Let me know if the color looks screwy. Just a slightly edited droid photo.

Seems to be doing well.

20200128_211549.jpg
 
Looks a little thin with too many branches occurring at the same spot to be a slimer?
Cheers! Mark
It could be a slimer I have one with 6 branches within 3/8 of an inch. Even more common if the tip of the branch was broken as they love to split like crazy after that.
 
thanks, guys.
 
Looks similar to my slimer. Mine also gets tons of new tip growth like that one.
 
Interesting. I'll do some reading. My first Acropora, so I'm curious.

I'll also post another picture when in (hopefully) grows out more. It was just the single stock when I purchased it in June. It encrusted to the rock before it grew taller and branched out.

It came from Elite Reef in Denver, if there happens to be any Colorado folks around here.
 
It does look more like a thinner branching stag from the small tubular branch tips poking out. Looking forward to an update once more branches form.
 
I went to elite reef a decent amount before covid. I would imagine it's slimer. They have a great shop but don't keep many high end acros in stock.

It would be a safe guess that it's a slimer due to their wide availability.
 
That's growing really fast!
You think so? Between post #1 and current picture is about 5 1/2 months.

Like I said, it's my first Acropora, and sort of a test piece.
 
I had a green slimer about 3 months before it rtn on me. Only thing it did was start to base out before it died.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new