Acro ID

Rawby15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked this piece up about 6 months ago from a local store and it was all green originally when I bought it. I’ve had it in pretty high light and it’s really started to show some more colors. The owner had no clue what it was but now that it has colored up I really like it. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what it is.
B1D157D3-B97F-4FD8-A2FF-528AE236049F.jpeg

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I picked this piece up about 6 months ago from a local store and it was all green originally when I bought it. I’ve had it in pretty high light and it’s really started to show some more colors. The owner had no clue what it was but now that it has colored up I really like it. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what it is.
B1D157D3-B97F-4FD8-A2FF-528AE236049F.jpeg
Do you mean scientific name? Like what kind of acro? I don't think trade name will be found since things color up different in everyone's systems.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean scientific name? Like what kind of acro? I don't think trade name will be found since things color up different in everyone's systems.
You know, i just made the above post today specifically mentioning acros and this post just happened to pop up haha...btw, did you read the starfish article?

OP
OP
R

Rawby15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah I don’t care to much about the name it was given. More the scientific name if you know it

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah I don’t care to much about the name it was given. More the scientific name if you know it
Was it colony size or frag size when you bought it? If colony size it is probably fairly traceable since the shop keeps records and it may have been maricultured which means there would be a scientific name associated with the jmport

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking it out right now, your last comment on that thread has my eyes popping.
Never had an issue with anything else but these two red mini Scolys i bought last week...they definitely digested some flesh...not sure why Scolys...sorry OP for the off topic post

OP
OP
R

Rawby15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes what type of acro it is. I've read articles where they describe how to tell what's what but I cant ID it.
Was it colony size or frag size when you bought it? If colony size it is probably fairly traceable since the shop keeps records and it may have been maricultured which means there would be a scientific name associated with the jmport
The owner had probably a dozen colonies of it and I bought what I consider a mini colony. I drove back over there last week asking if he knew what it was but he didn't unfortunately. He just told me he has been growing it for 10+ years. At the end of the day the species doesn't really matter long as its happy. Its just as I dive deeper into acros I want to begin to be able to ID them from species to species. Other than tenuis and milli I am pretty much lost at this point.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes what type of acro it is. I've read articles where they describe how to tell what's what but I cant ID it.

The owner had probably a dozen colonies of it and I bought what I consider a mini colony. I drove back over there last week asking if he knew what it was but he didn't unfortunately. He just told me he has been growing it for 10+ years. At the end of the day the species doesn't really matter long as its happy. Its just as I dive deeper into acros I want to begin to be able to ID them from species to species. Other than tenuis and milli I am pretty much lost at this point.
Try Corals of the World by J.E.N. Veron...maybe it could help...i may have misspelled the name or gotten the title wrong though...

OP
OP
R

Rawby15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm between acro. Indonesia, acro. Loisetteae, acro. mirabellis, and acro. nana,

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the ol’ Larry Jackson Purple Monster to me. I cannot recall the species. Valida or Nana?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 54 84.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back