Acro killing/inhabiting pest

jgaroppo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please I need help. I can’t identify what these are and I cannot figure out how to destroy them. I’ve been dipping every other day for a week. Trying to suck whatever I can out inbetween. Please help me someone thanks.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please I need help. I can’t identify what these are and I cannot figure out how to destroy them. I’ve been dipping every other day for a week. Trying to suck whatever I can out inbetween. Please help me someone thanks.
A pic would help....

OP
OP
J

jgaroppo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
J

jgaroppo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0E31C535-0C72-4176-8B15-6F16457A37FE.png

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really hard to make something out in the videos besides there being some wobbly white stuff on the acros, could just be slime, more likely mesenterial filaments, could be something else, hard to tell, quite shaky video

OP
OP
J

jgaroppo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you blow at it, not super hard, does it come off? Or does it stay on? No excessive force
Stays on definitely I see them on the corals randomly. They will show up randomly. Bot just the top but the base as well. Most of them are just single iridescent worm looking things that move on there own. I’ve lost a few cheap corals buy I’ve also been playing with the lights and par recently. But the tissue will it start reseeding at the bottom and work it’s way up.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stays on definitely I see them on the corals randomly. They will show up randomly. Bot just the top but the base as well. Most of them are just single iridescent worm looking things that move on there own. I’ve lost a few cheap corals buy I’ve also been playing with the lights and par recently. But the tissue will it start reseeding at the bottom and work it’s way up.
I think those are mesenterial filaments that come out because the coral is super stressed, dipping it constantly might be stressing it more.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those are mesenterial filaments that come out because the coral is super stressed, dipping it constantly might be stressing it more.
Google those and see if the images match, hard to tell from the pictures, you'll have to judge that with your eyes

OP
OP
J

jgaroppo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think maybe ramping up the par might have caused that? I have g5 blues that I’m running at 50% I bought a fixture that I can incorporates t5’s and I’m trying to turn them on. Soooo….. maybe too much par causing this. Or feeding? I did add some yellow snow a few days ago from algae barn and have been adding ocean magic phyto.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back