Acro placement help

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the preferred placement of these acros? And which get priorities? My highest par is about 600, medium is 300 and lowest is 200. (MH/T5 with reefbrite)

1) LRO lunar lemonade
2) TSA princess peach
3) TSA bill murray
4) TSA Optimus prime
5) TSA dan akroyd
6) SC orange passion
7) TGC orange creamsicle
8) BC bubbleBath unicorn
10) white-ish granulosa
11) TUSI rainbow granulosa
12) Jf fox flame

What I REALLY want to know is the granulosa placement and bubblebath unicorn!

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally, many SPS's of the acro family can handle strong light, 600 is higher than I would feel comfortable with any coral for any appreciable time. Tell us your light schedule, current flow, and husbandry techniques employed at this point.

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Light is just one peace of the puzzle. 300 par should fit all the sps corals listed. Also ask the source of where you are getting them/ got them to understand what par they were in and work from there.

Even if they came from a 600 par you have to acclimate them to your tank. So start from the bottom of the tank via a frag rack and work you way up day by day untill you reach the desired height aka top rock work level!!

OP
OP
KevinC

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate-10
Phos- 0.1
Alk-8.5

Flow are pretty high throughout the tank and I just want some opinion on what’s the best placement for these acros for color and growth. For example, the granulosa have amazing color on high par, but low part makes it green.

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate-10
Phos- 0.1
Alk-8.5

Flow are pretty high throughout the tank and I just want some opinion on what’s the best placement for these acros for color and growth. For example, the granulosa have amazing color on high par, but low part makes it green.
Understand there is a high probability they will morph no matter what. It will be hit and miss with trial and error. As stated already. PAR is just one small part of the puzzle, particularly for max coloration and growth. You might have to move them around as time goes on.
I asked before but didn't catch the lighting schedule that you have now or plan on using.

OP
OP
KevinC

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understand there is a high probability they will morph no matter what. It will be hit and miss with trial and error. As stated already. PAR is just one small part of the puzzle, particularly for max coloration and growth. You might have to move them around as time goes on.
I asked before but didn't catch the lighting schedule that you have now or plan on using.
MH is on for 6 hours a day, and 10 hours t5 with LED.

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MH is on for 6 hours a day, and 10 hours t5 with LED.
Sounds like a sound schedule. Just be prepared to make changes, very slowly, and over a relatively long period of time. Patience is the key here.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back