Acro tips fluorescing after switching lighting

Boxofpurplerocks

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2019
Messages
300
Reaction score
255
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently (~1 month ago) switched the lighting on my tank from black box leds to a six bulb sun power t5 (hung ~6 inches over an 18” deep tank) with a reef brite XHO actinic blue strip as well. Within the past week, I’ve seen one of my acros (the highest one in the tank, maybe 8” from the surface), develop yellow flourescing tips. I’ve had this acro for over a year, plus I’ve seen pictures of the other frags, so I know this is not natural coloration. Is this a reaction to the light? Anyone experience something similar before?

Sorry for the all blue pics, took this just now when only the Reef Brites were on which is when these are most noticeable.

C93E119D-0B74-4063-B9F6-783D1FB8CBDD.jpeg 1438B743-4621-4137-A867-7B9676328E7E.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new