AcropoLoz

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow canadian here!

Does the gel filter make them look different or is that how they look in the tank?

My favorite is that yellow one! Wow the colors are beautiful.

OP
OP
loz

loz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow canadian here!

Does the gel filter make them look different or is that how they look in the tank?

My favorite is that yellow one! Wow the colors are beautiful.
The orange filter removes the blue of the light that makes the photo clearer and more colorful, each with its own preference, some people's they love enjoying the coral under daylight.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The orange filter removes the blue of the light that makes the photo clearer and more colorful, each with its own preference, some people's they love enjoying the coral under daylight.

So without your orange filter the tank is very blue correct?

OP
OP
loz

loz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So without your orange filter the tank is very blue correct?
Yeah ..My tank running 5blue+ and blue led with phone camera, i need filters anyway

Last edited:

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing for sure but a few on here want to see FTS. Is that possible please?

FTS brings perspective and educates us on placement etc...

OP
OP
loz

loz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing for sure but a few on here want to see FTS. Is that possible please?

FTS brings perspective and educates us on placement etc...
Currently my sps grow touching the glass, I can not poke my hand in to clean, algae growing everywhere, front view from the outside is not clear, next wc I'll try take few FTS photos

OP
OP
loz

loz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No FTS at this time but here's photos under 100% nature light :)
Have a great weekend

20181102_110242.jpg

20181102_110255.jpg

20181102_110214.jpg

20181102_110158.jpg

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your daylight photos do not look much different to what I would expect to see on some of the reefs I have had the pleasure of visiting. Your corals would not look out of place in the coral gardens of Bora Bora. Well done. As for the algae that is present and making you hesitant to show a FTS. I would not worry about it. In fact I would go so far as to say that the presence of the algae is more illustrative then anything. Your tank is obviously very successful at growing corals, and you have not end up chasing low nutrient/algae free that a lot of reefers do. Often to their detriment and the detriment of their corals, I would add. I would suggest taking a FTS before you 'clean up' the tank, and then posting both before and after photos when you get around to posting a FTS.

Dennis

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful daylight photos! That's how corals are supposed to look :) I just can't get into the gel pics, the colors are cool looking but I myself am looking for real colors not unreal colors that aren't really there. I am looking forward to more daylight pictures!
I envy you for clustering all the corals so close, a fts would really help us gain some perspective to how you managed to keep all these pieces together. Algae is fine, obviously you showed us high nutrients so it's to be expected. Please, let's see a fts, you have some beautiful colonies. I am sure you will get nothing but thumbs up.

OP
OP
loz

loz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful daylight photos! That's how corals are supposed to look :) I just can't get into the gel pics, the colors are cool looking but I myself am looking for real colors not unreal colors that aren't really there. I am looking forward to more daylight pictures!
I envy you for clustering all the corals so close, a fts would really help us gain some perspective to how you managed to keep all these pieces together. Algae is fine, obviously you showed us high nutrients so it's to be expected. Please, let's see a fts, you have some beautiful colonies. I am sure you will get nothing but thumbs up.
This month I'm very busy, one or two weeks im home once, so I do not have time to do wc and prepare for a FTS, next month my tank is 5 years , will try and do a video, thank you for the compliment , few more daylight photos hope you like it .

2018-11-02_18.18.10.jpg

2018-11-02_18.14.39.jpg

2018-11-02_18.13.40.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
loz

loz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, two of my favorites there, spath and abro, with great color too! Keep them coming. Look forward to your 5 year mark.
Spath Milli and smooth skin my favorites acro also! i have few photos just took few minutes ago before i go to bed :)

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful corals! Everything looks absolutely amazing! Does this piece have a name?

3378A9C6-4140-451A-96FB-52EB0D522E88.png

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back