Acropora abrolhosensis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aereaus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aereaus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
120
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if this is what I have. It was simply labeled acropora. I know abrolhosensis dont like as much flow so I need to know so I can move it if need be. Thanks for the help.

received_860978001061.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Could also be papillare

I can't accurately tell between them. The tips don't seem long enough for abro. I'm wrong 97.84% of the time though
 
Well to be fair I am terrible at ID with acros as well, unfortunately not all of these species that it could be have similar care. If it is in fact the Abrolhosensis then it needs far less flow than the others. I am getting good polyp extension though except on the bottom which in my experience is pretty normal. Kind of making me want to supplement my gen 3 radion pros with some flourescents and I just so happen to have four 96watt power compacts lying around...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new