OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried it but it is so darn expensive. $45 for the bottle and $25 shipping to send it 20 minutes north.Also, it really seemed to jack up my phosphate level. I asked Chad at reef nutrition how much phosphate their product added and couldnt get an answer. I am just making my own coral "food" for a while.
Cheers! Mark

Thanks for the response.

Yes I also feed my homemade frozen blend: Scallops, clams, Tilapia, Shrimp, Nori. These fish eat better than I do. I also add some reef chili.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response.

Yes I also feed my homemade frozen blend: Scallops, clams, Tilapia, Shrimp, Nori. These fish eat better than I do. I also add some reef chili.
Mine eat better than me also! Although we just went fishing so we are all eating cod this week. Even managed to get some cod eggs for the corals.

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love this milli. It encrusted like crazy the first 5 months, finally shooting some branches.
CC Bahama Mama Milli:

CC_Bahama_Mamma-8168.jpg

Frag picking up steam:
WWC Pink Panther:
WWC_Pink_Panther-8169.jpg

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this milli. It encrusted like crazy the first 5 months, finally shooting some branches.
CC Bahama Mama Milli:

CC_Bahama_Mamma-8168.jpg

Frag picking up steam:
WWC Pink Panther:
WWC_Pink_Panther-8169.jpg
I'm excited for that pink panther, some of the shots I've seen of it look pretty crazy

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm excited for that pink panther, some of the shots I've seen of it look pretty crazy

Yeah I feel like it's pretty underrated and affordable for what it is. Obviously I don't have a mature colony of it yet so I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it but it is so darn expensive. $45 for the bottle and $25 shipping to send it 20 minutes north.Also, it really seemed to jack up my phosphate level. I asked Chad at reef nutrition how much phosphate their product added and couldnt get an answer. I am just making my own coral "food" for a while.
Cheers! Mark

I think I responded to you previously regarding phosphates, but I'll chime in again. We don't know how much phosphate it adds. This all depends on the animals consuming it and their waste production. Since all aquariums have a different biological aspect and not all hobbyists have the same waste export, it's impossible to give a definitive answer. The best strategy is to reduce the dose if you are seeing an increase in phosphates. We don't add phosphates to the liquid suspension; it's all locked in the food. This same thing applies with all other food types. Your experience is uncommon but not unique.

Oyster-Feast is our most popular food for hobbyists and aquarists when it comes to feeding corals. We even have the public aquariums that are part of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) using it to feed threatened corals, and the Florida Aquarium feeds it to the corals that they are spawning in captivity.

I'm sorry that you find our product expensive and shipping to be expensive. Best of luck with your own coral food. It's nice to have that option.

Chad

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I finally tracked down a bottle at a not so local LFS. I called and they said they had it in stock. Found out when I got there they only had the 6oz bottles. Not sure it is going to last me too long. I should have just sprung to have it shipped and paid the shipping.
I am going to start with 4 tsps every other day. Starting today!

Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along, great pics! Apologize if it’s been asked but what are you using for your photos? Some of the nicest shots I have seen.

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is the Piece for me. I have had an aquascene, 2 wild ice fire and 1 DOA from BC aussie echinata. I just can't keep it alive, but cross my fingers this is My OG Aquascene Ice fire. Believe it or not I have had this piece for 2 years. I never cut it and it died on me twice but looking healthy and growing as of late.

Aquascene_Ice_fire-8179.jpg

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

I have a Canon T6i body. The wider pics I am using a Tamron 60mm Macro and the closer pics I have the Canon 100mm Professional Macro. That lens is way too expenses but may just be worth it.
I shoot in RAW then adjust to what my eyes see in Lightroom.

Hopefully as this thread goes on my pics will continue to improve.

Following along, great pics! Apologize if it’s been asked but what are you using for your photos? Some of the nicest shots I have seen.

Here you go. I mentioned it earlier on :).

Thanks for following, the more the merrier.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Piece for me. I have had an aquascene, 2 wild ice fire and 1 DOA from BC aussie echinata. I just can't keep it alive, but cross my fingers this is My OG Aquascene Ice fire. Believe it or not I have had this piece for 2 years. I never cut it and it died on me twice but looking healthy and growing as of late.

I've had similar troubles with Ice echinata. The thing was growing great for 2 years into a colony just smaller than a tennis ball. Come home from work one evening and it was white. Nobody else in the tank blinked.

Sure, I've had frags randomly blow up over the years, but for an established colony to blow in a single day without discernable cause was baffling.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

She’s a beaut! I also struggle with these types of coral.

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are a few more growing out.

This one is laying a nice base.
RR Pretty in Pink:
RR_Pretty_In_Pink-8143.jpg

Speaking of base. This one based out for the last 6 months and stayed solid green. It is finally getting the growth color I am expecting.
RR Rainbow Loom:
RR_Rainbom_Loom-8170.jpg

...and wrap today up with a colony shot. I believe Adam lost this one awhile ago. It has been happy in my reef.
BC Spook City Tenuis:
BC_Spook_City_Tenuis_Mother2-7711.jpg

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy New Years guys. I haven't updated the thread in awhile. Been busy with a new growout build. I'll probably share some pics and info about it here. For now a couple updated pics.

Things are cooking and growing great now.

Finally, it's growing! and coloring up pretty optimally:
BC BBU:
BC_BBU-8355.jpg

This ones growing at a pretty quick clip also.
TSA Sin City:
TSA_Sin_City-8358.jpg

Crossing my fingers still. But I have an ice fire that is healthy and growing. I'm pretty happy about this.
Aquascene Ice fire:
Aquascene_Ice_Fire-8354.jpg

and I picked this on up maybe a month ago. It's already encrusting and polyps are starting to get the expected color.
RRUSA Angry Birds:
RRU_Angry_Birds-8356.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back