Acropora Dominant IM Nuvo 20

Zach W

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2018
Messages
716
Reaction score
2,040
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am terrible at keeping up on threads and have portions of my tank all over on here, but I wanted to put up where my tank is at currently! I am running an acro dominant tank with the following equipment:

Innovative Marine Nuvo 20
EcoTech Radion XR30 G4 Pro
EcoTech Vortech MP10
Sicce 1.5 w/ Spinstreams
NuvoSkim DC Skimmer
Aqua shield UV
Smart ATO
Cobalt Neotherm 100W
Jeabo DP4 Dosing:
-Aquaforest 123
-EasySPS Evo
Filter Floss
Passive Carbon (currently offline because I am treating the tank with fluconazol)

I have made a million mistakes and changes to my tank but I think I am finally in a spot where everything is happy and stable. My tank started as softies and LPS but I started putting Acros in about 6months ago with some success and I became obsessed so I transitioned to almost all acropora. I buy everything very small so most are still in the encrusting stage but all seem happy! Here are some pictures I took this morning, don’t mind the vermetids if you spot them, it’s an ongoing struggle (sorry I only have an iPhone for pictures...)
EFD2A459-65DE-49D7-AFFC-BC3240FE9129.jpeg
8DA10401-C3F4-45DA-B5E5-4A17025DF375.jpeg
2D1C171F-E2E1-437F-9487-2CADF3AE1692.jpeg
668177E9-5381-46B5-AFF7-05DB8CBC6CAA.png
4169BF65-C8FA-497C-9EC3-83F91F306AE0.png
29B88D61-6E4F-4E4C-A444-A8C763F2DB67.png
88CFEFF9-B9C4-4660-9243-F6EAB3606B52.png
89B8D69B-4AD0-48FB-939C-445850454FD9.png
5E8CB242-E4EB-414D-93FA-EDC13BF02F09.jpeg
25B44CDC-8177-4391-BAF6-1662A0ED644C.png
6EF3622D-7BAB-4FFF-84C9-A13755908293.png
E952C89D-0B1F-4A73-8553-8A304EF9A0E8.jpeg
8049A260-88A3-43DE-BCA0-53FF58B8496A.png
 
I run pretty much close to same system and I’ve been looking to jump into acros. What do you keep your parameters at if you don’t mind me asking?
 
I keep my alk at ~7.5, calcium hovers right around 420, and my mag is a bit high at ~1500. I dont check my nitrates and phosphates very regularly but when I do, phosphate are 0.03-0.08. Nitrates I struggle to keep up so I am dosing 1mL of Brightwell NeoNitro daily.

I also dose Aquaforest 123 to maintain, and EasySPS Evo
 
Looking good!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new