Acropora flow

klavmaister

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2023
Messages
372
Reaction score
96
Location
Norway
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swore I would never get an Acropora—I mostly keep LPS... but suddenly, I got a huge piece for almost nothing. How demanding is this SPS? Flow-wise, should I place an extra pump directly behind it as shown, or should I just leave the extra pump on the other side as usual?


1000008272.jpg

1000008273.jpg
 
Could you please circle the piece that you are wondering about? It looks like there is more than one type of SPS in your tank.
 
The polyps should be dancing around through the current. If it is, you’re good.
 
High indirect flow is best, imo. You should see polyps constantly moving in different directions (when they are out). But not directly in front of a wavemaker, off to the side of it. I’d give it a few days to acclimate and see how much flow it is in and go from there. Looks great!
 
I swore I would never get an Acropora—I mostly keep LPS... but suddenly, I got a huge piece for almost nothing. How demanding is this SPS? Flow-wise, should I place an extra pump directly behind it as shown, or should I just leave the extra pump on the other side as usual?


1000008272.jpg

1000008273.jpg
I see 6 sps, lol.

Yeah, I would raise it so it flows over the colony, not into it, or move it opposite the gyre.
 
I see 6 sps, lol.

Yeah, I would raise it so it flows over the colony, not into it, or move it opposite the gyre.
I just realized when you said it, that I have a lot of sps - maybe that's how people start. at first you refuse, then suddenly you are there
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new