Acropora ID; fast growing beauty

Nikita1981

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2017
Messages
237
Reaction score
205
Location
Holland
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought it just as an encrusted plug for a couple of bucks but the last couple of months is showed excellent growth and beautifull coloration with bright blue tips. The pictures don't do it justice, but hope somebody can tell me the name of this species.

20200129_181842.jpg 20200129_181827.jpg
 
Looks beautiful! You are doing a primo great job! Keep it up!
 
Thank you! But I would love to know what it is so maybe I can look for another colour of this particular species since it seems to love my tank;)
 
Thanks, tomorrow is glass clean day and I will try to make a close up of the polyps.
 
Tried to make a close up, maybe this helps

20200130_141636.jpg 20200130_141652.jpg
 
Looks close to a secale to me but the round long tips are throwing me off a little. But I do see that when flow and light is off or on the sides of some wild colonies.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new