Acropora ID please?

  • Thread starter Thread starter takitaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

takitaj

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2020
Messages
516
Reaction score
584
Location
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this guy yesterday at my LFS as a test SPS. ($29) I know it's a little browned out but can anyone ID the species? Thanks!
View attachment 2028196 IMG_1603.JPG
 
Thanks for trying anyways. :) It seems pretty happy so far. Would love to know what it is. Not necessarily looking for the retail name more so a "scientific" ID, although, any ID beyond acropora would be nice. ;Bookworm
 
Looks like a cali/ blue green tort to me. Nice chunk, the brownish base should transition to green hues, with coral being predominantly blue. Lower par more green shows, more intense lighting the coral will become pretty much just blue.
 
Being on an ORA plug, I would guess it's a Miami Orchid. I had one several years ago and it had a brownish base with orchid tips.
 
Validia? Something like that. The branches will get thick and fan out. The coral will be more obvious as it grows and forms more... id check ora though. They sound right their about the plug.
D
 
Thanks to everyone for the input. I tried looking on ORAs site for something that comes close. It could be one of the suggestions. I'll have to let it grow out a little, if it makes it, but it looks happy so far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new