Acropora ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter kartrsu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kartrsu

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
874
Reaction score
580
Location
Glendale, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this green staghorn acropora from a local reefer. Don’t know what it is, but wondering if anyone can ID it. Turquoise with purple polyps, chunky.

IMG_6102.jpeg
 
I agree, looks like a tort to me. Hard to give hobby name without knowing source since there are a lot of similar looking corals floating around. Looks like a Miyagi Tort or variant.
 
Looks like a twin to my RR THE VINH colony. I'll post a pic. tomorrow afternoon at peak.
 
Thanks for the input everyone. It’s a stag for sure. I’m still thinking it’s ORA Laura Purple Polyp. What do you guys think about that match?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new