Acropora lighting

Norwich_Reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2021
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
Norwich
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm probably overthinking this but here goes. Currently have a reefer 250 and I'm having success with 'easier' sps (digitata, stylo, various montiporas, bali slimer etc) and want to move into some of the nicer/more challenging acros and don't want lighting to be a limiting factor. My lighting at the moment is 2 hydra 26hds in an aquatic life hybrid running 4 39w t5 tubes. Would you guys say thats ok or do I need to add to/change my lighting set up? Par on the majority of my rock is around the 350ish mark.
 
Seems like you should be fine based on your current lights and the success of the current corals. I would add a couple frags of your preferred acros to start and see how they do. Most likely they will be fine as far as your lights are concerned.
 
Agree with the above. As long as your flow is good, 350 PAR average should be fine.
 
Thanks guys, flow is 2 ai nero 5 so plenty of flow. I was thinking of going for 3 radion xr15 g5 pro to put in the hybrid but I don't want to throw money away unless I need to for what I want to achieve.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new