Acropora lighting

Norwich_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm probably overthinking this but here goes. Currently have a reefer 250 and I'm having success with 'easier' sps (digitata, stylo, various montiporas, bali slimer etc) and want to move into some of the nicer/more challenging acros and don't want lighting to be a limiting factor. My lighting at the moment is 2 hydra 26hds in an aquatic life hybrid running 4 39w t5 tubes. Would you guys say thats ok or do I need to add to/change my lighting set up? Par on the majority of my rock is around the 350ish mark.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like you should be fine based on your current lights and the success of the current corals. I would add a couple frags of your preferred acros to start and see how they do. Most likely they will be fine as far as your lights are concerned.

OP
OP
N

Norwich_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, flow is 2 ai nero 5 so plenty of flow. I was thinking of going for 3 radion xr15 g5 pro to put in the hybrid but I don't want to throw money away unless I need to for what I want to achieve.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back