OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any coral close that’s either aggressive, or defends with toxin?
The event is very localized, all else super happy.
Not that comes to mind. This is an all sps tank. But it is getting crowded. This is the biggest acro colony in the tank.

cvicente

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is now.
YouCut_20230922_223402190_exported_270097~2.jpg
Check for AEFW

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have checked a few times for pests. But won't completely rule it out, but no signs so far. I don't see any dead spots on this acro, or any signs on the other acros. For now, it is low pe with some fading. Could be a nutrient/trace element issue, or could be flow. I appreciate all your replies!

Dooly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the exact same issue with both JF solar flare and asd rainbow. All parameters check out and I do get growth, just no fuzzy pe whatsoever. All other acros have great polyp extension..
what type of salt do you use?

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nitrates are high for a mille, not sure if they have always been that high...

Aefw loves milles - could very well be that or another pest.

laythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bring it to me ill fix the problem for you

jokes aside you need icp test done but ill bet its low floride. in addition to me dosing 1400ml aday of part c balling i dose enough floride and iodine a day to kill a horse yet im always low on both when i send icp. also nitrates is higher than normal so that may also be a culprit. your ph may be as well if its not high enough.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever figure it out lmk! Haha.. my asd rainbow will not extend for anything! It grows great but doesn’t like showing off polyps at all! Other sticks and Millie’s are fuzzy wuzzy!

Mine is the opposite. Has great polyp extension but barely grows. It just grows new branches but never really expands in the tank that much lol.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was doing a bit of chemistry reading and saw this. Thought it might be applicable to your millie issue

Who wrote that? If it's Fauna Marin I would look to verify some of those claims per scientific sources or some objective sources that don't have $ in the game.

Some of Claude's claims are very doubtful in my mind and some even come off as comical to me.

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who wrote that? If it's Fauna Marin I would look to verify some of those claims per scientific sources or some objective sources that don't have $ in the game.

Some of Claude's claims are very doubtful in my mind and some even come off as comical to me.
I understand your concern about his vested interest in dosing chemicals. I have never used Fauna Marin products because of availability to me. Those things said, I have found many of things he has said to ring true to me that corroborate my personal experiences. I understand people's skepticism of ICP companies that sell chemicals. However, I do think it is important that companies like his are gathering data from thousands of hobbyists and looking for patterns. Fauna Marin has the added empirical data coming from their farm. I don't moonshine and am not a no water change guy ( I do water changes for a living), but ICP has solved several problems for me that I couldn't figure out otherwise. Just thought it was something to look into.

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have an update on this in this week's video. But for those that don't watch, I did a few large water changes, and some progress is being made. Thanks!

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have an update on this in this week's video. But for those that don't watch, I did a few large water changes, and some progress is being made. Thanks!
Well, I have to watch now because I'm invested. Looking forward to it!

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I understand your concern about his vested interest in dosing chemicals. I have never used Fauna Marin products because of availability to me. Those things said, I have found many of things he has said to ring true to me that corroborate my personal experiences. I understand people's skepticism of ICP companies that sell chemicals. However, I do think it is important that companies like his are gathering data from thousands of hobbyists and looking for patterns. Fauna Marin has the added empirical data coming from their farm. I don't moonshine and am not a no water change guy ( I do water changes for a living), but ICP has solved several problems for me that I couldn't figure out otherwise. Just thought it was something to look into.

I get it......I have my own plan in place and have used ICP maybe 2-3 times a year for what I do and it fits me.

I've watched podcasts with many of these element dosing companies and I LOL at some of the comments made by each of the head guys, so I should not have singled Claude out. The message I'm trying to convey is do your research and do it outside the hobby circle. Your going to find out more facts this way.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back