acropora palmata elkhorn coral special needs?

Kaddis Mitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A. palmata is highly protected species that is not found in the hobby, it is generally only kept by reef restoration projects for research, like Dr. Vaughns successful experiment with micro fragmentation in A. palmata, A. cervicornis and A. prolifera. I have seen Acropora cervicornis at MOTE in Sarasota, I have seen all but A. prolifera while diving in C. America and the Caribbean..
I'd imagine considering A. palmata's density and it commonly found on the Crest of the reef its water flow demands would be substantial, like a surge device would be most ideal.

Good luck obtaining some, if you do, you would be in violation of federal law.
Yes I do know that that's y I'm wondering how he got ahold of some is there anything like it

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I do know that that's y I'm wondering how he got ahold of some is there anything like it

Who? Are you referring to the Montipora histura that was posted earlier in the thread? because the only member I know of here on the forum that has posted a pic of A. palmata in a tank is Brandon McHenry, he was able to obtain a piece of it because he works for a gov research facility.

Back