Acropora pest or not?

Sneaky Pete

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2025
Messages
13
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I recently purchased 2 acropora and noticed some weird creatures attached to them. They were very well camouflaged, almost matching the color or pattern of the sps. Any idea what this is and should I have removed it? I'm attaching a few clips before removal and after and some photos. The after clip shows a pretty big gauge in the coral left from removing the pest. I had 3 on one acro. The second acro still has it and it is much bigger. Judging the gaping hole it left it must be a pest but would appreciate some help. I cant find any YouTube videos on this. Screenshot_20260210_180357.jpg Screenshot_20260210_190434.jpg Screenshot_20260210_190221_com.android.gallery3d.jpg IMG_20260210_200348.jpg
 

Attachments

  • VID_20260209_173503.mp4
    17.3 MB
  • VID_20260209_221853.mp4
    14.3 MB
  • VID_20260210_153753.mp4
    11.2 MB
Last edited:
These were fresh out of a dip so no polyps would be visible
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new