Acropora pest?

chengtaotc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
taiwan
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While dipping this newly acquired Acropora tenuis coral, I noticed two strange cyst-like lumps. From the lower one, I actually saw a suspicious worm-like creature poking its head out—multiple times! Unfortunately, I didn’t have my tweezers on hand. By the time I grabbed them and kept watch, the worm never came out again. I increased the dip concentration (two little fish revive) and even gave the coral a 2-minute freshwater bath, but didn’t see the worm again. Worried about stressing the coral, I stopped and returned it to the tank. Could this be a pest? Any advice on what I should do next? Thanks in advance!

微信图片_20250429215956.jpg 微信图片_20250429215945.jpg
 
Looks like just a barnacle to me. Mariculture acropora get them all the time. Harmless really.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new