Acropora, should I cut off the tip?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Exus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Exus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2021
Messages
101
Reaction score
15
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a Kermit the frog acropora I got about 5 months ago. The tip hasn't been looking good for about 2 months now. It hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten better either. Should I cut off the bad looking areas or should I just let it continue the way it is? Its under about 400 par, so maybe it's getting too much light?

This tank is 8 months old and the other acropora and montipora digitata frags under similar par looks great.

My parameters are pretty steady at 5 no3, 0.04 po4, 8 alk, 420 calcium, 1500 mag.

1000006498.jpg
 
If it were me I would cut the top off, i'ts most likely dead where the Algae is growing. Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new