Acropora Spawning at Steinhart

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thales
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Which? There isn't a shot of motile sperm, so I want to know what looks like that! Thanks!

Oops! I was confused about the magnification and thought that was what was going on in the shot at ~2:10. Is that the larvae swimming?
 
Oops! I was confused about the magnification and thought that was what was going on in the shot at ~2:10. Is that the larvae swimming?
Gotcha, yep those are Acropora hyacinthus larvae swimming. This species is really small!
 
Oh - this project would not be possible with the support from Neptune Systems and Ecotech Marine!

One more reason to support some of the companies involved with the hobby. Nice work, thanks for posting the video.
 
Any articles or more videos? Care to give us the details?


Great job and thanks for your efforts!!
 
nice work.. was there any specific action to produce the spawning? light.. lower and raise the temp ect. keep us posted.. thanks
 
Congrats! I hope this November you have a lot more success!

Did a lot of the larvae settle as d me adults?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new