Acros for 200-250 PAR

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biokabe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biokabe

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2016
Messages
2,563
Reaction score
3,640
Location
Tacoma, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking in with the acro experts here...

I'm trying to get more sticks in my tank, but it's a little tough to get the more light-hungry acros in right now thanks to some stubborn BTAs that are hogging the top ridge of my rockwork (where I get 400-450 PAR). The lower levels of my rockwork are, thus far, free from the anemones, and there's quite a bit of real estate available in general. When not shaded out by other corals, I get around 200-250 PAR down there (and the primary shading corals are relatively easy to remove and have duplicates in the tank, so I can easily prune them out).

So, with that said... are there acros that would do well with that much light? Deepwater? PC Rainbow? Others I'm not thinking about?

Flow is pretty strong throughout the tank, with lots of turbulent, varying current throughout the tank.
 
You can grow most any coral in that par range, imo.
My 80 48×24×16 ran 4 xr15 blue gen 5 and ab+ @ 100%.
Par was 200 at the bottom.
20230709_092458.jpg
20230716_104624.jpg
20230413_164716.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new