Acros

  • Thread starter Thread starter avelino78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

avelino78

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2014
Messages
89
Reaction score
15
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my order with 3 acros. How does one take them off the plugs. It looks like they are encrusted over the plug. I guess the only way to mount them on LR would be to cut the plug to make it flat. Any ideas??
 
I just received my order with 3 acros. How does one take them off the plugs. It looks like they are encrusted over the plug. I guess the only way to mount them on LR would be to cut the plug to make it flat. Any ideas??

When acros are encrusting over plugs, I typically do not remove them. You are going to probably end up doing a significant amount of harm to the base of the coral. If you want to do this, make sure you something that will make a clean cut.

I have cut the bottom portion of the plug off, the sticklike part, and just placed the "circle" on the LR which is usually quickly encrusted over.

If the frag is new, there will be little encrusting and there should be no issues.
 
Last edited:
I figure I will have to cut the plugs and then glue them to the LR. For now I left the frags on the sand until they start looking better.
 
My preferred action is to remove the frag from the plug to eliminate the chance of AEFW eggs and toss the plug in a container to dry out, I recycle the old plugs. Trust no one when it comes to acro pests.....
 
My preferred action is to remove the frag from the plug to eliminate the chance of AEFW eggs and toss the plug in a container to dry out, I recycle the old plugs. Trust no one when it comes to acro pests.....

Agreed.
 
My preferred action is to remove the frag from the plug to eliminate the chance of AEFW eggs and toss the plug in a container to dry out, I recycle the old plugs. Trust no one when it comes to acro pests.....

Agree too, I grab them by the base with my bone cutters and they pop right off
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new