Acrylic 180g DIY

zenistler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All! New to Reef2Reef. I currently have a 35 gallon set up but just got an acrylic 150 gallon that is 30"Hx24"Wx48"L. Will DIY my own 30 gallon sump and stand. Will be posting updates as I polish my acrylic and get it all set up. I am curious how you all would aquascape and what size tubing should I go with for my drain and return pipe?

Attached is the before picture.

tank.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

Congrats on the new tank. Do not envy you having to polishing the acrylic. Just take your time and it will look awesome.
I would build to islands on each side and an arch connecting them thru the middle. It would take a lot of rock work and would not hide much of the overflow but be kinda cool compared to just a giant island in the middle.

OP
OP
zenistler

zenistler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have finish my custom live wood slab and steel stand and on the finishing side of sanding and polishing the acrylic. I am now getting ready to set up my sump and fish room behind the wall the tank is against (laundry room is on the other side).

The immediate question that I have is whether I should use the two predrilled return holes on the lid or if I should drill new returns on the overflow aiming them towards the diagonal portions of the tank? Thoughts?

048786D7-948C-4A0A-A365-9DB6D4351038.jpeg
32F99F80-1A19-424C-BD0C-84BBD96EB05B.jpeg

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back