Acrylic Jebao Repair

  • Thread starter Thread starter Allenb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Allenb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, in the process of getting my 220 up and running. I ordered a new Jebao tw-60 and it arrived damaged. I have been back and forth with the seller they are trying to make it right. The pump arrived with motor gouged and scratched up but the pump works fine. Was planning on sanding and using an acrylic pant to fix the issues. Does this sound ok? Any suggestions? Thanks
image.jpeg
 
If it works I would just lightly sand it and skip painting as you will probably not see it anyway
 
It's hard to tell from the picture, but if anything is a deep scratch, and needs to be filled, I'd use JB Weld Kwik epoxy to fill it in.
 
Yeah, thanks. The coating is scratched off and looks like some could flake off. Don't want any of that coming off in my tank. This was suppose to be and they told me it's a new pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new