Acrylic Seam Issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter cmoresps
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cmoresps

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
23
Reaction score
12
Location
richmond, va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 360. 3/4 Inch acrylic. I have a seam bubble of sorts that has formed in the front pane. I had another small one prior to and decided it was best to play it safe and install 3/4 triangle rod on the inside. Over the past year this has formed. I tried to have weldon 4 seap into the defect but it would not. So question. Should I use a small drill bit and lightly drill the seam and try to insert weldon 4 that way, leave it alone since there is already triangle rod on the inside or should I glue a strip of 3/4 by 1 on the outside as well. Tank was full temporarily empty to inspect inside seams of triangle rod (just in case)

Thanks in advance

seam bubble.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new