Acrylic Tank Suggestions?

BudHarris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
After trying to reseal my 120g glass tank, the seams between the two panels didn't hold up and almost completely separated and dumped about 115g of water into my living room. Luckily my wife was up and jumped to hold the panels together to slow it down a bit. So now I have been given the go ahead to upgrade to an acrylic tank. Anyone have suggestions and personal experience with where they have purchased theirs. I was looking at glasscages before all this happened but have recently seen some not so good reviews. So now I just want to know what other options people have used. Looking to either go to another 120 or possibly upgrade to a 150 or maybe even 180 bowfront. Kind of open right now. Thanks for any advice.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, sorry just stopping by now,

Sounds like a nice dinner is owed to someone for saving the day :D

I’m a glass guy so can’t help, but maybe some plastic folks are around tonight

wrasse man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had/have 2 clear for life tanks. One is a 5’ 120 gallon had it for 10 plus years, sold it to my neighbor and it’s still going strong. Absolutely no crazing, clouding or anything. I currently have an 8’ 300 gallon and love it, no bowing or anything. Scratches haven’t been an issue for me with either tank. My daughter did lean against my tank “helping me out” and lightly scratched the outside with the zipper from her sweatshirt. Used one of those Mother’s headlight restoration kits and buffed it out in seconds.

On the other hand my glass tank with a few scratches on the inside, absolutely dives me nuts, because there is zero I can do about it. And in the back of my my I still worry about the seals eventually popping. I have zero concern about the seams on the acrylic.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishtanksdirect is a good place to look for acrylic tanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back