Actinic light importance for color.?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GrampaDon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GrampaDon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2011
Messages
112
Reaction score
8
Location
Fort Wayne ,In
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not looking for par just coral health and color. My current setup is B+ C+ Kessil 360 C+ B+
I need to change bulbs and want to add 2 more t5 as well [this is in a canopy retro]

According to ATI's site the "popular recommendations " do not include actinic bulbs. Yet some studies say that SPS need it. I'm using ATI as reference since I prefer their bulbs.

Thoughts or suggestions.?
 
I like blue plus and purple plus for supplement lighting
 
But the question is more about the amount of UV needed to promote best color and best health.
So is there enough in that range in the B+ lamp ,or would it help to add more than what is provided with ATI B+
 
Good question. If you don't get a fact- based answer here you might take your question to the lighting forum and see if someone there has seen a study.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new