OP
OP
Adam G

Adam G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Azure damsels are some of the less aggressive. In a big tank with lots of hiding spaces they tend the guard a small area. They definitely can get a little chippy. That is just part of the deal with them. The blue devil damsels are downright mean and will hurt the other fish. In my experience the Azure damsels just tend to chase away from their area and not attempt to inflict injury on other fish. However, as we know all these fish have their own individual personalities. Definitely a calculated risk putting these guys in. Hopefully they pan out because the blue and yellow looks so great. The blue is absolutely striking under 18 K lighting.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The Azure damsels are some of the less aggressive. In a big tank with lots of hiding spaces they tend the guard a small area. They definitely can get a little chippy. That is just part of the deal with them. The blue devil damsels are downright mean and will hurt the other fish. In my experience the Azure damsels just tend to chase away from their area and not attempt to inflict injury on other fish. However, as we know all these fish have their own individual personalities. Definitely a calculated risk putting these guys in. Hopefully they pan out because the blue and yellow looks so great. The blue is absolutely striking under 18 K lighting.

Awesome, I think I am going to pull the trigger on about 10 of them.

OP
OP
Adam G

Adam G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: A guy from our local club build me a beautiful screen top. We decided to use black netting and I am very happy with that choice. Looks great. Will try and post some pics of it. He did a beautiful job on it. I think it looks better than my current artfully acrylic screen top and I as able to design it with 2 feed doors. We even took into account the 1/4” bow in the 8ft glass and scrubbed to it. So happy with this. Now I can start adding my wrasses.

Going to start adding some SPS today. All parameters are very stable and the tester frags I put in 2 weeks ago are looking good. Will probably do the mini colonies first, wait 2 weeks, and if all goes well my bigger colonies. Starting to look forward to breaking down my Reefer 525xl. I am ready to go back to maintaining one tank. Right now with my old system, this new system, and my quarantine I am heating, lighting, and maintaining close to 500 plus gallons of water. Time to reduce my carbon footprint:)

I think I am finally getting my quarantine fish healthy. I purchased 12 azure damsels and 8 Lyretail Anthias. I knew it was risky with all th disease in the supply chain. Sure enough, bacterial infection of some sort in the damsels, started metro, triple sulfa, and food supplements day 2. Been hitting them with multiple antibiotics. My fish room looks like a drug store. I am happy to say all but 1 Anthias survived and are looking extremely healthy. I lost 2 damsels and a 3rd is hiding and not eating so I do not expect him to make it. I ran carbon and am giving the, a break for a couple of days. Tonight I will start another round of antibiotics.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. How’s the build quality of
Both the tank and stand?

Like the PM stuff. I often forget here local to me so I’ll keep them in mind for a future 325g build.

OP
OP
Adam G

Adam G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy with quality of the tank. I have not found a flaw in the silicone seams. No air bubbles, nice and uniform, great workmanship. No scratches or blemishes of any kind in the glass.

The stand was built by a cabinet maker who is a reefer and a member of our local club. He did a fabulous job. The precision marine stuff I am happy with as well.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back