Dipping my toes back into the "saltwater"

ramitrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have been out of the hobby for about 20 years now so I'm sure lots has changed. My last tank was a 180 gallon acrylic tank with a huge sump and filter so there was plenty of room for everything and it was very forgiving. It started as a saltwater aquarium, which I had done with my dad for many years, and then I started adding corals so I was still very much learning about the reef world at that time but I had an amazing local pet store with a ton of knowledge which was nice. The store has since closed, like so many have, and I have moved so here I am in NC today. My wife has been mentioning that she would like to have a small tank in her home office so I of course see that as a green light to get back into the hobby :) . Seriously though I have been thinking about it for a while now. I have decided to go with a 32g Coralife LED Bio Cube as a starter to get back up to speed before really committing to anything big again. I know generally speaking bigger is always better if possible but.....

1- This seems like this should be big enough to get back into the hobby as a first tank.
2- It will fit well in the physical space I have to work with.
3- The price-point of entry is relatively inexpensive.

Assuming all goes well, the plan is to get this established, leave it in my wife's home office and then jump into something bigger somewhere else in the house. My question is as follows:

Is this particular tank a good choice? Or would you recommend something else, without getting to crazy?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the Biocube about 7 years ago because it fit all 3 off your points. It was a good tank. Easy to set up and care for. Perfect for a home office. I gave it away when I relocated from MA to FL.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back, glad you are here! You can do a lot with the Biocube. Here’s mine.
6A1723B1-9459-4C30-A57A-20C21F236DD3.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back