Adams 40 Gallon Reef build

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved the rest of everything over and shut down my other tank.

08100B17-F827-4305-82AB-6B76EE0E9904.jpeg

Corals and fish look very happy. I bet you are glad it is over.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank starting to look a lot “cleaner”. I had dosed 40ml of H2O2 twice daily, total of 80ml/day for a week. Started using BW Microbactor7, NeoPhos, NeoNitro and stopped dosing NoPoX. I still continue dosing Vibrant at 4ml twice a week, 4ml each dose. The only issue I’ve seen so far is my Red Planet is starting to pale a little bit, quite possibly from the H2O2 but I’ve stopped that for now. Yesterday I received the BW products and dosed 10ml MB7, 20ml NeoNitro and 40ml NeoPhos. No3 is now up to 2ppm but my Po4 is still at 0. Didn’t dose anymore NeoNitro but did dose another 40ml of NeoPhos.

5A0958AF-629A-4F2C-8EAA-56E0A7784A6A.jpeg

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good, just stumbled onto this today.

Question if you don't mind. How do you like the eshops overflow? Am getting ready to drill a frag tank was considering one, I had heard they were loud. It's hard to imagine that if you get the levels dialed in right.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good, just stumbled onto this today.

Question if you don't mind. How do you like the eshops overflow? Am getting ready to drill a frag tank was considering one, I had heard they were loud. It's hard to imagine that if you get the levels dialed in right.

It really depends on the the flow you put through it. I have a Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0 on it and it’s turned almost all the way down and the noise I get from it to me is not bad. To me it sounds like one of those indoor waterfalls. I’ve gotten it dead silent before but I didn’t like the fast flow through the sump. I’m not sure on the exact flow but it’s on 2 notches from the lowest setting.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on the the flow you put through it. I have a Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0 on it and it’s turned almost all the way down and the noise I get from it to me is not bad. To me it sounds like one of those indoor waterfalls. I’ve gotten it dead silent before but I didn’t like the fast flow through the sump. I’m not sure on the exact flow but it’s on 2 notches from the lowest setting.
Ok great, thanks for responding.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this build may be done with. The Hurricane has cut out power and it’s not expected to come back on until the 15th. Because there are only 25oish houses without power in our area we are not considered a priority to get back going. No generator and no battery backup. The longest we’ve ever been without power is 14 hours and I didn’t have any losses then. On average the most time without power has been 4-6 hours. Tank is down to 73 and I can already see tissue receding on some of the SPS. The best I can do for now is I have my gas fireplace going and taking a slotted spoon to stir the water about every 30 mins. :(

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this build may be done with. The Hurricane has cut out power and it’s not expected to come back on until the 15th. Because there are only 25oish houses without power in our area we are not considered a priority to get back going. No generator and no battery backup. The longest we’ve ever been without power is 14 hours and I didn’t have any losses then. On average the most time without power has been 4-6 hours. Tank is down to 73 and I can already see tissue receding on some of the SPS. The best I can do for now is I have my gas fireplace going and taking a slotted spoon to stir the water about every 30 mins. :(
I'm sorry to hear this, its tough. Good news is that you and your family are ok, that's always the most important part. Any other damage?

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear this, its tough. Good news is that you and your family are ok, that's always the most important part. Any other damage?

Thank you. We are fine. We’re in central NC so the most we got here was knocked down trees, flooded land and downed power lines/poles.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power came back on just now thankfully but..... I did completely lose my Sunrise Milli frag, an unknown purple Acro look rough and my Blue Tenuis looks really rough with flesh peeling off. Time will tell now to see that else I’ve lost.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what’s left of them. :(

Edit: Just now found my Yellow Fin Fairy Wrasse gone also. My 2 OC Clowns and my Neon Dottyback are still kicking good though.

Blue Tenuis
D894C11D-EB11-4A55-A107-F68313738742.jpeg

Sunset Milli
CCE43B4F-DA62-4BF2-BB82-9454B09C03BE.jpeg

Unknown purple Acro
64242CA1-CA52-4F57-B7AC-BCF0093D8750.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back