Adaptable Mesh Cover?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PotatoPig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2023
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
1,466
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I currently have glass panes on top of my 75g rimmed tank, and for their flaws… 5mm of glass is effective at stopping jumpers.

That said, I want to switch to a mesh lid as the current top reflects a lot of light up and makes top-down viewing difficult.

The challenge is on one side I have a HOB siphon overflow for a cover to go around, and on the other I gave the return line coming in. Are there systems that are DIY customizable that I could use?

/I'm not keen on egg crate, looking for something less visually obvious from outside the aquarium
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new