Adapter for BRS RODI faucet diverter

accidental_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have BRS RODI system but none of the adapters work for the faucet that I have, a MOEN pull-down faucet, either around head of the pull-down or when I detach the head of the pull-down and attempt to fit the hose into one of the adapters. I asked BRS and BRS customer service said to ask Home Depot.

Anybody know what size adapter I should get? Can’t install it under sink.

This is the model I have: https://www.homedepot.com/p/MOEN-Al...d-Power-Clean-in-Matte-Black-7565BL/301969080

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The threads on faucets are not standard, so best to ask the manufacturer what threads those are. Once you know that, you can start a search for an adapter.

You should know however that using a faucet adapter is not a great way to feed an RO as you'll lose a lot of pressure going through the faucet.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have BRS RODI system but none of the adapters work for the faucet that I have, a MOEN pull-down faucet, either around head of the pull-down or when I detach the head of the pull-down and attempt to fit the hose into one of the adapters. I asked BRS and BRS customer service said to ask Home Depot.

Anybody know what size adapter I should get? Can’t install it under sink.

This is the model I have: https://www.homedepot.com/p/MOEN-Al...d-Power-Clean-in-Matte-Black-7565BL/301969080

Get this. You remove the cold line to the faucet. Install this. Then put your cold line to the faucet back on.

You won’t find an adapter for that sink head. They aren’t a standard thread.

OP
OP
A

accidental_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the exact same issue!!!!!! Did you find a solution?
Hey there. No solution with pull-down faucets that I could find. Went to Home Depot like BRS suggested — boo them on the customer service —and the Home Depot guy to his credit spent like 1.5 hours trying to find a solution with me that did not involve anything to do with plumbing. At least with my model, it appears that my kitchen faucet has a nonremovable aerator — no thanks to Moen for clarification — and I couldn’t find adapters in the market that would work with pull-down faucets.

So I am resorting to my bathroom sink, which, alas, is also Moen and the faucet does not fit with any of the adapters I bought from BRS because it has a recessed aerator. If that’s an option for you, I tried to find out from Moen the thread for an adapter that would fit but Moen said it does not make adapters and declined to provide me with the info to use a third party product. I bought the Moen kit to remove the recessed aerator and am guessing my way to the correct thread for an aerator adapter that will fit female thread of faucet and attach to it a male-to-male adapter that in turn will connect to the diverter with female thread for the RODI system, which I think will work.

Then I will look for new faucets to replace my faucets, which are all Moen, out of spite.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey there. No solution with pull-down faucets that I could find. Went to Home Depot like BRS suggested — boo them on the customer service —and the Home Depot guy to his credit spent like 1.5 hours trying to find a solution with me that did not involve anything to do with plumbing. At least with my model, it appears that my kitchen faucet has a nonremovable aerator — no thanks to Moen for clarification — and I couldn’t find adapters in the market that would work with pull-down faucets.

So I am resorting to my bathroom sink, which, alas, is also Moen and the faucet does not fit with any of the adapters I bought from BRS because it has a recessed aerator. If that’s an option for you, I tried to find out from Moen the thread for an adapter that would fit but Moen said it does not make adapters and declined to provide me with the info to use a third party product. I bought the Moen kit to remove the recessed aerator and am guessing my way to the correct thread for an aerator adapter that will fit female thread of faucet and attach to it a male-to-male adapter that in turn will connect to the diverter with female thread for the RODI system, which I think will work.

Then I will look for new faucets to replace my faucets, which are all Moen, out of spite.
You can use the kitchen sink area and underneath take a clamp on Compression saddle to give you a leak free water feed

1705889810892.png

OP
OP
A

accidental_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the kitchen sink area and underneath take a clamp on Compression saddle to give you a leak free water feed

1705889810892.png
Your sage insight as always is appreciated. Unfortunately, to shove a dishwasher underneath my sink I essentially have no physical access to my pipes. And I have an oversized, heavy fireclay undermount sink, which would be a project to remove and reinstall (in part bc of the lack of space taken up by the dishwasher making movement/manuvering in that space impracticable, unless I remove that too).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Your sage insight as always is appreciated. Unfortunately, to shove a dishwasher underneath my sink I essentially have no physical access to my pipes. And I have an oversized, heavy fireclay undermount sink, which would be a project to remove and reinstall (in part bc of the lack of space taken up by the dishwasher making movement/manuvering in that space impracticable, unless I remove that too).
Other option is tapping into pipe at laundry area or basement

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share a photo of what your plumbing under the sink looks like? That may help provide suggestions.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Could do saddle clamp under bathroom sink as well if you have the space

OP
OP
A

accidental_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share a photo of what your plumbing under the sink looks like? That may help provide suggestions.
The RODI would take up precious little real estate but I’m open to it. Is a connection that much of a difference than using a faucet adapter re performance or convenience?

Attachments

• IMG_2487.jpeg
    IMG_2487.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2485.jpeg
    IMG_2485.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2488.jpeg
    IMG_2488.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 21

DrinkinPepsi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel free to give us a call - your situation is very solve-able, at low cost.
Strongly suggest you DO NOT use a self-piercing saddle.

Russ
513-312-2343

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back