Adapting a Venturi to reef octopus skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Louis Z
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Louis Z

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
555
Reaction score
340
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a question . School aquarium with very limited funds . We had a reef octopus skimmer donated . The bubble magus needle wheel pump gave out . Want to get away from needle wheel and see if a Venturi can be adapted to this skimmer . Is this possible . Can’t really afford a new skimmer nor an expensive bubble magus replacement . I want to order from life reef a venturi and see if I can adapt this to the skimmer . Before I order from them I want to know if I am going down the wrong path . Any ideas , recommendations .
 
Since $$ is an issue, I would think the least expensive option would be a used skimmer on something like Facebook Marketplace. Not sure where you're located, but used fish stuff goes for great prices were I live. That said, I know folks have switched out Reef Octopus pumps with other pumps, but it takes considerable modifications. I did a quick search and found THIS POST that discusses switching out with a Jebao pump. I also found Sicce replacements, but they are equally expensive pumps as well. Might also help if you state the model of the Reef Octopus or Bubble Blaster you're trying to replace.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new