ADC for Reef Pi

Adrian Reef_pi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

can any one help

I have started to build a Reef pi, I have the timers and 10 power sockets working , the thermal probes seem OK also.

I have an ADC PI board, and would like to with PH probes (to begin with). but I have not been able to see how to use this with the Reef-pi software.

Is this compatible with the Reef Pi code (it uses 2 MCP3424 ADC 4 channel Chip)?
I am not too good when it comes to software (much better with the hardware side of the project).

My thank to any one who is willing to help.

REEF_PI_1a.jpg

OP
OP
A

Adrian Reef_pi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your help, I will get some ADS1115. The Adafruit seem a good starting point (but looking at the driver list in the Reef-Pi, I do not see anything marked ASD1115, what drive do I need to load?)

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your interest in reef-pi. Remember in marine environment, pH values are highly susceptible to aberration due to electrical interference, and galvanic isolation is a must have. atlas EZO carrier board as well as reef-pi ph board employs an extra IC for this , other than an ADC. Just to keep in mind.
Godspeed.

OP
OP
A

Adrian Reef_pi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes will need more then just an ADC and probe, I have been looking at cloning Roberto Buti's PH board, with the low input current amp before the ADC.

Not seen anywhere I can get the completed PCB, or the EZ0 a much beater solution?

OP
OP
A

Adrian Reef_pi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes will need more then just an ADC and probe, I have been looking at cloning Roberto Buti's PH board, with the low input current amp before the ADC.

Not seen anywhere I can get the completed PCB, or the EZ0 a much beater solution?
Thank you.

At last I have the EZO PH circuit, and it was working OK

I have updated move to Version 4.1, and also tried to add two doser pumps to the design.

but now the PH is not working any more and the doser set-up keeps changing it's driver from RPI to the DH diver.

Is it possible to have both 2 Doser pumps and the EZO circuit ?

Attachments

• RPI_PH_DOSER.jpg
    RPI_PH_DOSER.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
A

Adrian Reef_pi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reinstalled the Pi code from scratch and rebuilt the database, from my notes, not imported the old DB.

all seem to be working now :)

I have 10 mains sockets for lights, pumps and heaters, 7 temp sensors (for both tanks, sump and waterchange tank) 4 12V feeds for ATO, Fans and Blue night lights.

3 water level sensors (main tank, top tank and sump (Sump drives the ATO)
2 dosers and 1 PH probe.

I hope to install on my system in a week or two when I am sure all is working well.

My thank to every one who has helped.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back