Add on refugium using trigger 5g ATO container?

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering drilling a 1 inch bulkhead hole into the top and one into the side on opposite ends of the width of the container to add on a 4ish gallon refugium to my system.

System is 75 display and trigger ruby cube 20 sump with no room for a fuge. Would this fuge be enough volume or not worthwhile adding?

Thought about feeding the line in with the outflow from the UV sterilizer and have passive drain back into the sump. Its the same height as the ruby cube 20 sump, so I'd just put it up on a small stand to put it higher than the sump top edge.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 4g on my 125 total v tank and it seems to work really good

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good -- I can give it a try. The dimensions make it nice to fit alongside the sump conveniently. Being around 6" wide and 15"ish depth and height.

Would you run in and out drains both 1 inch bulkheads, or should the drain be larger in case of too much water in?

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good -- I can give it a try. The dimensions make it nice to fit alongside the sump conveniently. Being around 6" wide and 15"ish depth and height.

Would you run in and out drains both 1 inch bulkheads, or should the drain be larger in case of too much water in?
i did 1/2" return with 3/4" drain but wish i did 1" drain bigger is always better i can take a pic for you too if you want

fdevans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@t5Nitro Did you end up doing this project? Would love to see a few pictures and know if there were any challenges?

Wondering how lighting worked out since an ATO top has a smaller opening.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back