Add purple tang and yellow tang

verag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I have a 220 tank with multiple tangs and would like to add a purple tang and yellow tank I have in my smaller tank.
In the 220 I have naso tang, Sailfin, clown, tomini, yellow tang, 2 blue hipo tangs( one big one small), gem tang. All getting along well. Have other fish also, none create problems for the tangs.
Would it be safe to add the purple tang and the other yellow tang to this tank? The yellow tang in this tank is a bit bigger than the other yellow tang and not are bigger than the purple tang.
Thanks

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the fishes, I had 9 yellows in my large system and 7 have disappeared as they can be nasty.

You could try adding them but leave them in a fish trap for a while to see how the other fish react. Thats what I tend to do these days with any new additions

And welcome!

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0708.jpeg

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I have a 220 tank with multiple tangs and would like to add a purple tang and yellow tank I have in my smaller tank.
In the 220 I have naso tang, Sailfin, clown, tomini, yellow tang, 2 blue hipo tangs( one big one small), gem tang. All getting along well. Have other fish also, none create problems for the tangs.
Would it be safe to add the purple tang and the other yellow tang to this tank? The yellow tang in this tank is a bit bigger than the other yellow tang and not are bigger than the purple tang.
Thanks
Welcome!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello

Thanks
Yellow tang - expect a fight short term, even long term but start with acclimation box to see how existing yellow responds and purple- yellow tang may harass it at first but should subside
Each fish has their own attitude and time will dictate direction and attitude

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
If fish gets along fine right now, id probably leave ot be, 200 is big, but when thinking of multiple tangs, it's relatively small, I have 8 tangs in my 400g tank and after night I see some aggression evidence one's in a while, tangs are very territorial when it comes to sleep.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
If fish gets along fine right now, id probably leave ot be, 200 is big, but when thinking of multiple tangs, it's relatively small, I have 8 tangs in my 400g tank and after night I see some aggression evidence one's in a while, tangs are very territorial when it comes to sleep.
My picture is opposite
25 tangs and coexist quite well

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I bet they still fight for territory at night!?
Nope, they have their own spot’s but tank also 10ft and lots of rock and coral
Have had most of them 4-6 years
IMG_0504.jpeg
IMG_0449.jpeg
IMG_0433.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back